Monday 23 May 2011

ice cream

Inspired both by recent trips to the park (where there is an ice-cream shop) and another blog (http://sunhatswellieboots.blogspot.com/search/label/playdough) E and I made some playdough (my recipe is so easy - 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of salt and 2 tablespoons oil and then adjust flour and water as needed). We then added yellow food colouring and "nillia" [vanilla flavouring] to make vanilla, green colouring and some freshly picked mint for mint and added cocoa powder for chocolate. E suggested using sequins as sprinkles. E then had an ice-cream shop. I wrote a menu and got some coins (I like to use real ones although was careful not to let P eat them) and we have had a lovely morning with P and me eating lots of ice-cream! What I loved best was E kept telling me "Don't really eat it Mummy; it is just pretend". This was great for numeracy (measuring the ingredients, counting and sorting the money and the language more and less), fine motor skills and speaking and listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment